Regular house cleaning is associated with lots of good things, like staying healthy, keeping pests out, and increasing your home’s value. But how often should you clean your house?
Today’s blog delves into these essential quality-of-life factors and explains how often you should clean your house (or have it cleaned!). Keep reading to learn more!
4 Reasons to Have Your Home Cleaned Regularly
- It Promotes Good Health
Regularly cleaning your home promotes good health by removing germs, dirt, and other impurities that can cause illness and allergies. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cleaning and disinfecting your home effectively prevents the spread of disease and infection.
Maintaining safe cleaning habits helps remove most germs, such as harmful viruses or bacteria, on household surfaces. Regularly cleaning surfaces in your home helps prevent the spread of germs that can make you sick, such as norovirus, Shigella, and Giardia.
Regular cleaning can also remove dust, dust mites, pet dander, and other allergens like pollen, which can cause asthma and allergies. Disinfecting and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens where there’s moisture will also help curb mold development.
Let’s not forget mental health, either; research has found that cleaning can positively affect your mental health. For instance, it helps you gain a sense of control over your environment and engage your mind in a repetitive activity that can have a calming effect. It can also improve your mood.
- It Increases Your Home’s Value
Regularly cleaning your home can increase its value in many ways. When potential buyers walk into a clean and well-organized space, they can envision themselves living there.
A clean home can also make a great first impression and be a key selling point. It will highlight your property’s features, including flooring, walls, and fixtures. A well-maintained property is more likely to attract potential buyers and can increase the likelihood of receiving offers.
Regular cleaning and maintenance can also prevent damage and wear and tear, helping to keep your property looking its best.
- It Enhances Indoor Air Quality
Regular cleaning is essential to maintaining good indoor air quality. Dust, dirt, and other pollutants can accumulate in our homes and workplaces, leading to poor air quality that can cause various health problems. Here are some ways that regular cleaning can help improve indoor air quality:
- Reducing Dust: Dust is a common allergen that can irritate the eyes, nose, and throat and trigger asthma attacks. Regular cleaning, including dusting surfaces and vacuuming carpets and upholstery, can help reduce the amount of dust in the air.
- Removing Pet Dander: Pet dander is a common allergen that can cause respiratory problems, especially in people with allergies or asthma. Regular cleaning can help remove pet dander from carpets, furniture, and other surfaces.
- Eliminating Mold and Mildew: Mold and mildew are common indoor air pollutants that can cause respiratory problems and exacerbate allergies and asthma. Regular cleaning, especially in moisture-prone areas like bathrooms and kitchens, can help prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Improving Ventilation: Regularly cleaning air vents and ducts can help improve the flow of air in your home, reducing the buildup of indoor air pollutants.
- It Prevents Pest Infestations
Regular house cleaning is essential for preventing pest infestations. Pests, such as cockroaches, ants, and mice, are attracted to food, water, and shelter, which can be found in our homes.
Regularly cleaning and removing potential food sources can help prevent pests from entering and thriving in your home. Here are some ways that regular house cleaning can prevent pest infestations:
- Eliminating Food Sources: Pests are attracted to food sources, including crumbs, spills, and open containers. Regularly cleaning your kitchen and dining areas, including wiping down counters, sweeping, and mopping floors, can help eliminate food sources that attract pests.
- Removing Clutter: Clutter can provide pests with hiding places and shelter. Regular cleaning and decluttering can help remove potential hiding places and reduce the likelihood of pests finding a home in your space.
- Reducing Moisture: Pests like cockroaches and silverfish are attracted to moisture. Regularly cleaning bathrooms and other moisture-prone areas can help reduce the likelihood of pests finding a water source.
- Sealing Entry Points: Regular cleaning can help you spot potential entry points for pests, such as gaps around doors and windows. Sealing these entry points can help prevent pests from entering your home.
How Often Should You Clean Your House?
How often you should clean your house depends on the size of your home, how many people live with you, and how often you use different areas of your home. Some tasks must be done daily, while others can be done less frequently.
- It’s a good idea to clean your kitchen daily. This includes your countertops, sinks, stovetops, and floors. The fridge and oven should be cleaned monthly, and the cabinets should be cleaned every few months.
- Your bathroom should be cleaned once a week. This includes your toilet, sink, shower, and floor. The mirror should be wiped down, and towels should be changed.
- Floors should be vacuumed or swept weekly, and hard floors should be mopped every two weeks. Rugs should be vacuumed weekly, or more often if you have pets, to keep dust, dirt, and allergens at bay.
- Pillows should be washed every six months, and pillowcases should be washed every one to two weeks.
- Cleaning high-traffic areas mid-week helps keep dust under control. In a small household, for example, you may only need to clean the kitchen floor on the weekend.
Get Your House Cleaned With Daisy Maids!
Not everyone has time to clean their house as often as it should be done. And that’s okay! That’s what Daisy Maids is here for. We offer weekly cleaning services for our customers. Keep pests away, your counters clean, and your pillowcases fresh!
By taking advantage of our cleaning services, you can rest easy knowing that your home is clean while you take care of more important stuff. Get started today by calling us at 801.335.5239, emailing us at email@example.com, or filling out our website form. Let Daisy Maids take care of your home!