Moving into a new house can be an exciting time, but the move-in cleaning can sometimes catch you off guard.
You expect to show up and have everything perfectly clean and ready for your things, but the previous tenants might not leave things as clean as you would hope. This ultimate cleaning checklist covers everything to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
First things, first. Before you start your move-in cleaning, you should walk through the entire house and make sure everything is empty. Check the drawers, cupboards, closets, etc., for anything the previous tenants left behind. Toss anything you find so you can start with a blank slate. It’s also a good idea to open the windows before you start to air out the home and eliminate any unpleasant odors.
You can then bring your cleaning supplies in, but leave all of your other belongings out of the house until you are finished cleaning. You’ll want to have the following supplies on hand, so you don’t have to interrupt your cleaning with trips to the store:
- A reliable vacuum with good suction
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- All-purpose cleaner
- Broom and mop
- Cleaning bucket
- Window cleaning solution
- Paper towels
Once you’ve got these supplies, you are ready to get started! It’s a good idea to clean the kitchen first so you can move your food in quickly. Follow the rest of the list, and you’ll be ready to move into a spotless home in no time!
- Clean out the fridge. Scrub the shelves. Vacuum out the drawers. Wash the outside.
- Wash the inside and outside of all cupboards and drawers.
- Clean and disinfect the counters and sink.
- Clean out the microwave and dishwasher.
- Run the self-cleaning cycle in the oven.
- Pull out all the appliances and clean the floors and walls behind them.
- Scrub and disinfect the shower or bathtub.
- Wash the walls and baseboards.
- Replace the shower curtain.
- Clean the mirror, light fixture, and vent.
- Scrub the sink and countertop.
- Vacuum and then scrub vanity drawers and wipe down the outside.
- Clean and disinfect the toilet inside and out.
- Dust and clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Wash all the walls and baseboards.
- Wash the windows, inside and out.
- Wipe out the window and sliding door tracks.
- Vacuum, sweep and mop the floors.
- Wash shelves in closets and pantry.
- Sanitize door handles, light switches, and other high-touch areas.
Daisy Maids is Here
Moving into a new home should be filled with fun and excitement, but it can be hard to enjoy your new house when there’s so much cleaning to do. Daisy Maids is here to help! Let us handle your move-in cleaning so you can focus on the more enjoyable parts of having a new home. We will take care of the cleaning from the kitchen to the floors and everything in between. We serve clients in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the surrounding cities, including Sandy, Taylorsville, Murray, and West Valley. Contact us today for a free quote!