We’ve all heard of spring cleaning, but is one time a year really often enough to deep clean your home?
Cleaning is an important part of maintaining a safe, happy, and healthy home. Buildup of dust, dirt, and grime in our homes can spread illness quickly, so removing them on a regular basis is essential to keeping your home and family healthy. But how often do we need to deep clean? Here’s everything you need to know.
Deep Clean Your Home Regularly
There’s no “one size fits all” for how often you should deep clean your home, but it does need to be done regularly. For some parts of your house that might mean weekly while other areas may only need to be scrubbed annually. The frequency can also vary depending on how heavily used your home is. Homes with big families or lots of people living there are likely to need more frequent cleaning than one with a single adult living there.
Although there’s no hard-and-fast rule, here’s a general guide to how often each deep cleaning task should be performed:
Daily Deep Clean
- Wash and sanitize kitchen counters and sink
- Wipe down the kitchen table
- Wash bathroom sinks and countertops
- Sweep the floors, especially in the kitchen
Weekly Deep Clean
- Dust furniture, shelves, blinds, etc.
- Mop hard floors
- Wash the mirrors
- Scrub and disinfect the showers and bathtubs
- Vacuum the floors
- Change and wash bedroom linens and bathroom towels
- Sanitize high-touch areas like doorknobs, lightbulbs, railings, etc.
Monthly Deep Clean
- Dust or wash light fixtures
- Clean floor, wall, and ceiling vents
- Wipe the baseboards
- Wash the outside of the appliances
Quarterly Deep Clean
- Clean and flip your mattress
- Clean out your freezer, fridge, oven, and range hood
- Wipe out the insides of drawers and cabinets
- Wash off patio furniture and outdoor rugs
Annual Deep Clean
Most people do their big yearly deep clean in the spring, hence the name “spring cleaning.” It’s nice to get your carpets cleaned, scrub the house, and get it ready for summer after a long, wet winter. While some prefer to do all of these annual tasks in the same day or week, you might prefer to spread them out and do some in the spring and others in the fall. There’s no one right way as long as these tasks are being done.
- Wash the windows
- Clean out the fireplace and chimney, if you have one
- Clean out the gutters
- Wash curtains and drapes
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned
Daisy Maids Is Here
Deep cleaning your home is a lot of work, and Daisy Maids is here to take that load off your back. Our professional cleaning staff is fully licensed and insured with years of experience cleaning homes in the Salt Lake Valley. We provide residential house cleaning services in Sandy, Taylorsville, West Valley, and Murray, Utah, and everywhere in between. Let Daisy Maids deep clean your home. Get your free estimate today!